Tuesday, July 24, 2007


"You looking at me?"







Daddy cracks him up...



Our kitchen ceiling light fascinates him!



Today is Tuesday the 24th of July and so Christopher is six weeks old today. Its gone by fast and at the same time, it seems like longer than that, probably because even before he was born he was a big part of our lives with the pregnancy and the preparation! We were able to catch some smiles in the pictures, we even got a laughing session on video but I can't seem to upload it. I think its too large of a file, I'll have to figure that out.

The visiting nurse came today again and weighed him and he was just over 11 pounds and 1 ounce. So he is right on track. His eating is still every couple of hours during the day but in the evening, he starts the night out with a 6 hour stretch of sleep as of last week, then back to every 2-3 hours. Unfortunately for me this stretch starts at 8 p.m. and I can't fall asleep before 11:00, no matter how tired I am, so I still can't get more than 3 hours sleep at a time... but I'm excited he is sleeping longer and isn't confusing days and nights or anything.

The nurse said the same thing as the last time she was here which is that I should go to the breastfeeding support group and encourage other new moms who are having a tougher time. Although it is exhausting for me how frequently he eats during the day and being the only person to feed him all the time, we are very lucky Christopher is a good eater and is gaining a great amount of weight. I give a lot of credit to moms who breastfeed after doing it myself, it really is much harder than you would think!

Have a good week,
Andrea

3 comments:

Tracey said...

oh my gosh--how cute is he!?! i don't know what else to say other than keep the pictures coming!! :-) i hope i get to see the live version soon...
tracey

GoQuinnGo! said...

Good for you with the breastfeeding! Keep it up! I know it can be tiring, and it's also very easy to become resentful that you're the only one who can feed him.

With my Mary, there were so many times I wanted to quit. Especially after feedings every hour for months, and three cases of Thrush. But I kept telling myself, "Just get through today," and before I knew it, here we are - Mary will be two in September and is still nursing twice a day!

I know you will be so proud of yourself when you look back on what you have done for your son. Keep going!!!

Quinn's Aunt Kristin
P.S. I love the idea of you attending breastfeeding support meetings to encourage other moms who may be struggling with nursing!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that made me smile! He is so great! I love that he is starting to smile now. Can't wait to see him soon. And you are doing so well with the feedings!! It can't be easy. Keep up with it! You are giving the greatest gift to him. As always, good work! Love you guys, Dinga Lorie