Tuesday, July 31, 2007

7 weeks









Our little guy is seven weeks old today, wow. He is sticking with his usual sleep routine but the past couple of days he hasn't been eating so great. Just not as much and more fussy when it comes time to eat. I wonder if he outgrew the dose of Zantac he is on for his acid reflux... we'll have to see. But he has enjoyed having Grandpa & Grammy here this week and going to the beach every evening for a walk or nap in the ocean breeze. Feeding him in public is a complete nightmare for me though, I really need to keep practicing because it makes me frantic - I have to manage to hold him with two hands while keeping some sort of blanket on me covering me up but still allowing me to see him. It doesn't work! So then he gets upset because I'm not holding him right and moves around, thus moving the cover off of him. I really hate feeding him in public. I know we'll get the swing of doing that eventually and it will end up being more convenient than bottle feeding because I won't have to make a bottle, but right now...oh my god!

Have a great week,
Andrea

3 comments:

GoQuinnGo! said...

Hi Andrea,

Are you covering up while NIP (nursing in public) because you're more comfortable being covered, or because you think everyone else is more comfortable with you being covered? If it's the latter, I say ditch the blanket and just go for it.

If you're keeping covered for yourself, then just try to get as comfy as you can with nursing at home. Eventually you'll get to a point where you can NIP with little trouble.

I've had many people glare at me while NIP, but not one dared to say anything to me. Too bad, too, because I've secretly been hoping to tell someone off!

Feel free to email me any time with nursing questions! I'd love to help any way I can. Keep up the good work!

Quinn's Aunt Kristin

Tracey said...

I don't have any nursing advice, but I wish you luck!! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. :-)

I'm still trying to find the portuguese in your little guy!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what great pics! He looks different every time. His eyes are so bright. And what a great smile! Hang in there with the nursing, both in public and private. It seems so hard and you have done so great with it. I am thrilled to see you guys tomorrow. Good work as always! Love, Dinga Lorie