Monday, April 30, 2007

6 weeks to go!

So this week I am 34 weeks along, the end feels near! Our birthing classes finished this past Friday. They were OK, nothing terribly surprising or anything, but I'm still glad we did them. I had actually watched so many videos online that I had already seen some of the ones they showed in class, but they were all new to Chris. The overview of medication options and when to go to the hospital were the most useful pieces of information.

The week before last I went to the doctor's, and I'll go again this week because now it is every two weeks. At the last appointment, she was a little concerned about the amount of water weight I had gained in the previous two weeks, because I had also complained of a headache. She did bloodwork and everything was fine. I guess the concern was about preeclampsia which has to do with blood pressure, which was fine. So she ended up saying I haven't been resting enough and need to rest more laying down with my feet up. That hasn't been too easy though as last week and this week are the final weeks of school, and I have exams and presentations. So needless to say I haven't rested enough and as of yesterday came down with an awful sore throat and cough. It'll all be done in a couple days though and I'll be able to take it easy until the baby comes.

Oh one more thing about the doctor's appointment. She felt my belly and said Christopher is still upright, I guess most babies turn by 35 weeks and if they haven't by 37, the doctors will manually turn him around. The other day I felt him doing a weird waving motion side to side though that I haven't felt him do before, and Chris and I could even watch my stomach going side to side, so maybe that was him trying to turn!

Finally, last week was my shower and I'd like to say thanks SO much to everyone who came and for everyone who helped put it together. You did a great job! Below are just a few pictures from it, there are many more I will email out soon.



This cake from my mother was really cute - and good.



Chris' mom highly overestimated the circumference of my belly, more than anyone else!



My sisters and I



Zach, my mom and Sophia



My friends Angela, Tracy & Liz



My friend Jessica (also a big overestimator!)



Jessica's son, Sergio



Me & Chris' friend Christine, Chris' aunt & grandma

So thanks again and I hope everyone has a great week!

Andrea

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

About stinking time you update!! I hope Christopher was trying to turn around, not a big deal if he doesn't. Good luck with the manual turn:) As for school, you are in the final lap, after this week, schedule yourself for a massage and facial and wait for the arrival, Dinga Trisha can't wait. Call me!!! Love, Dinga Trisha

Anonymous said...

i'm really happy you loved your shower, lorie worked really hard to make sure it was special for you, she was excited about it too, me too. i can't wait to see my new nephew, he's gonna bring so much light into this family. take care, he's almost here, luv ya, auntie jenn, by the way i'm having a tee shirt made that says auntie jenn is the best, christopher loves her so much!! hehehehe

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Great job with the room. And thanks for posting the pics from the shower. 40 more days! Love, Auntie Lorie (I am giving up on the Dinga part. You win Trish!

Unknown said...

I'm glad everything is ok. Love the pics! Definitely send the rest along when you have a chance.