Tuesday, September 11, 2007

12 1/2 weeks...



Hi everyone,

Chris & I had Christopher's baptism class last night where we basically learned about the meaning of the sacrament and some history behind it. It was interesting. There were four other couples there, one of them had a little girl Christopher's age but the other two had tiny newborns and one couple didn't even give birth yet. Christopher was the only one who cried :0).

As I'm sure you know, we had to give our other boxer Oscar away while I was pregnant and so we decided to give him to a boxer rescue league. That way, someone who knows they want a boxer specifically can adopt one. Chris goes on the website every so often to hear about updates and there was one today. You can see he's very happy in his new home, and there is another boxer there who even looks like Molly. I'm not surprised that the owners look tired in the pictures with two boxers!!

Oscar's update: (you might have to cut & paste the link)

http://www.boxerbuddies.org/Now/oscar1AA.htm

Oh and my Lyme titer came back negative, so that's good. The doctor did say there are lots of false negatives because you have to have it for a long time before it will show up on the titer, so its good I took the antibiotics just in case.

One last update - Chris will no longer have to bring the baby to Providence for me to feed him during my clinical, I realized what was wrong with the pump: the stupid face plate was loose. I called Medela and they troubleshooted with me. One snap and it works incredible, I went from pumping an ounce per session in the past month to 8 ounces in 15 minutes while I was away yesterday, which is more than he even eats at a feeding. I'm a tad furious at myself for not calling them sooner. It would have saved a lot of worry, all this time I thought my milk supply was too low to pump out and that my milk supply would stop when I went to school. I was pumping three times a day to get it increased, getting up earlier than the baby did so I could pump while he slept - it was a nightmare. Oh well, its resolved now and thank goodness it works so well.

Have a great week,
Andrea

1 comment:

Steph and Dan said...

What a beautiful picture.