Sunday, January 28, 2007

20 Weeks (we're halfway there!)



Hi everyone,

So this week makes the halfway point for us which is exciting (though I think it was probably the easier half, we'll see!). According to a baby website I follow, he should be about 10 inches long and weigh about 10.5 ounces. I wonder if he weighs more than that though because at his ultrasound three weeks ago, the website said he should have weighed about 5 ounces but the doctor estimated he weighed 9 ounces. He might be a fat little guy! Also according to this website is that he is now covered in that greasy white stuff called vernix to protect his skin, and that's his digestive system is getting practice by swallowing amniotic fluid.

Chris and I registered for our prenatal classes last week. We get a tour of Women and Infants during one of them which is good, I've never been there (as a patient) so I wouldn't know where to go, as all my visits with the d0ctor are down near my house. We signed up for three, the usual birthing class that's for a month, a breastfeeding class, and a caring for mother & infant class for post-delivery. Chris can attend all of them which is great.

Have a great week and will write more soon.

love, Andrea

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea - you look great! Wow I can't believe how big the baby's gotten since I last saw you and that was only a couple weeks ago. Can't wait to hear more about the baby happenings :)

love Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Chris, thats awfully considerate of you to go to breastfeeding class. It's more kindness than I was willing to offer. Steph asked me to go to that one but I kind of reasoned my way out of it.

Anonymous said...

Keep feeding that little pork chop! I want to see a plump baby! You look awesome, I can't believe how much your body is changing. I can't stand it though! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Andrea! Saw your picture on the Mighty Quinn's site and was curious to know some of the people who have been so supportive of Quinn. You look great!

By the way, I breastfed all my four children, but never went to any kind of class. What happens at a breastfeeding class??

Anonymous said...

OH MY!! You are really getting big but it's very well proportioned. That little boy says, "That's enough...I need to stretch!" Hopefully you'll come down soon so I can see you. Good luck, Chris, with breast feeding...we'll get you a strap on boob like Robert Dinero in Meet the Fockers!! Love, Dinga (that's right!)